Make high-fiber foods part of your daily diet

maskrust

Make high-fiber foods part of your daily diet

Mensagempor maskrust » 28 Out 2019 08:04

I know this is obvious, but it has to be said: Eat foods high in fiber. Here is a random sample of fiber amounts from the FDA to give you an idea of what you may be eating and where to get more. Basically, think whole grains, beans and pulses, vegetables and fruits.

huush

Re: Make high-fiber foods part of your daily diet

Mensagempor huush » 28 Out 2019 08:05

There are more ways to waste time on Facebook than tending to a fake farm. The social media juggernaut is actually home to a lot of gardening communities. The Flea Marketing Gardening page is a great resource for recycling and upcycling trash into garden treasures. The National Garden Club’s Facebook page is a fun read filled with gardening inspiration, polls and products you can try in your garden.

churchdiameter

Mensagempor churchdiameter » 28 Out 2019 08:06

The other day I posted on why environmentalists must think like pro-athletes, inspired in part by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi's work on optimal experience. As I finish up his book, I was struck by another observation—namely that the task of finding meaning in an individual's life can be directly compared to the role of plants as "dissipative structures—organisms that collect diffuse energy from the sun and transform it into highly complex, dynamic structures.

scoredhesitant

Mensagempor scoredhesitant » 28 Out 2019 08:06

When I first got serious about gardening, I did not know any gardeners I could turn to for advice. In those early months, I spent countless hours browsing gardening forums and reading threads that had the answers to many of my gardening questions. The Internet became my garden club, I met many gardeners who were quick to give advice, and many even shared plants and seeds from their own gardens with me.

chumpcobbey

Mensagempor chumpcobbey » 28 Out 2019 08:06

You know what you rarely see? Instagram wellness influencers touting dietary fiber with the same passion they have for turmeric lattes and gluten-free muffins. Poor fiber. It has the unfortunate distinction of being associated with older relatives in need of "regularity," and thus doesn't get a lot of fanfare. Sure, we hear that we should eat whole grains instead of refined ones for their fiber, but other than that, not very many people rhapsodize over fiber.

crophoddypeak

Mensagempor crophoddypeak » 28 Out 2019 08:06

And that's a problem, according to the U.S. FDA. The agency says that most Americans do not get the recommended amount of dietary fiber, calling it a "nutrient of public health concern" because low intakes are associated with so many potential health risks. As Vox reports, only 5 percent of people in the U.S. meet the Institute of Medicine’s recommended daily target.

maskrust

Mensagempor maskrust » 28 Out 2019 08:07

And while the magic number for risk reduction was between 25 grams and 29 grams a day, they found that eating 30 grams or more “could confer even greater benefit to protect against cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes, and colorectal and breast cancer.”

ruggnugged

Mensagempor ruggnugged » 28 Out 2019 14:46

Potassium Silicate for Plants
During gardening, you do all you can to help your plants grow big and strong. From finding a location that provides the ideal amount of sun, spacing them apart, sticking to a watering schedule, and pulling out weeds, each plant gets care and attention.

Voltar para “Fórum "Luta Antimanicomial"”